Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tournaments

As my blog entry days come to an end I find that I must talk about tournaments. Its the one thing I never mentioned! The reason I am still in love with tennis is because of the people I play with and become friends with during the tournaments.  In the end, if tennis is where you find friends, you are a very lucky player.




The stress of a close match, freezing cold day, unbelievably hot day, or injury brings you closer to your team.  Its the hard aspects of the game that allow you to become friends with those who may have been you competition a few years earlier.  Most tennis players will agree that in general, tennis players look mean and ultra competitive on the court. But off the court you will find an array of players napping, throwing frisbees with other teams, and just hanging around getting to know their team and everyone around them.

So here are 5 things about tournaments that I love:
1. The competition.  You will always find someone better than you.
2. Spending the night in a different city. Though it is hard to organize, the overnight trips are the best team bonding trips.
3. Chic-fil-a in the morning.  It is a tournament tradition!
4. Playing doubles. Whether it be mixed or girls doubles, I love getting to play with a team mate.
5. The ride home.  After a long day at the tournament, we all ride home together and really bond as a team. It is the best feeling! Plus, we always stop at sonic as a tradition.

So have fun with tennis.  You will meet great friends who will love you no matter what and who will really want to help you with your tennis game.  If you are lucky enough to have a close club tennis group like I do in tennis, you will be the happiest player on the court.  And that, ladies and gentleman, is why I have The Ace in Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment